Why Choose A+ Portland Carpet Cleaning
This spring my husband and I decided to repaint our downstairs. That turned out fabulous but when we were done I noticed my carpets looked awful! 5 years since our last cleaning, plus a child and 2 dogs had wreaked some havoc on the oatmeal colored fibers of our downstairs. I looked for a carpet cleaner and settled on A+. I called Mike and he came out the next day. I cannot believe the difference he made!! I just wanted them to look nicer and he honestly made them look almost new. We have since had friends over and have had a million compliments on the new wall cover and our "new" carpets! Thank you so much to A+ Carpet Cleaning!! We will be calling them again in a few months for some additional stain removal!!
I've been using A+ Capet Cleaning for the past 3 years. They've always been able to schedule me within a few days. They are very professional and thorough in their work. My carpets always come out looking beautiful and at a price that is very reasonable for the level of service provided. I highly recommend A+ Carpet Cleaning!
Stacey A. Portland
Provider cleaned our carpets on the 3rd floor apartment where my sons lives. It was amazing what a good job that he did.
The simple answer is no. Dirt is an abrasive like sandpaper. Every time you step on your carpets you grind the dirt into your carpet fibers. This cuts your carpet just as if you had used a knife, causing it to wear out faster. A dirty carpet will not last nearly as long as a clean carpet. And while vacuuming helps it simply is not enough. The longer you wait to have your carpets cleaned the more damage you do to your carpet and the faster it wears out. So it may seem like you are saving money if you do not have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12-18 months as recommended, but in all reality you are extending the life of your carpets.
When you are in the carpet cleaning business you see a lot of "what it is not"while out cleaning clients homes. Here are some things we have learned over the years.
- Make sure the company is licensed, bonded and insured. If they are going to do carpet repairs or re-stretching make sure they are licensed with the construction contractor's board.
- Do your research before you call the company and see what kind of reviews they have online. A good source is Angie's List, Yelp and Google.
- Be sure that they use a truck mounted machine. This will allow your carpets to be cleaned at their best with hot water and good suction. It's also known as steam cleaning.
- Find out if they pre-spray the entire carpets before cleaning. We have found that some companies do not and others only do the high traffic area. Pre-spraying the entire carpets allows for the soil to emulsify and break apart leaving better results upon cleaning.
- Make sure they do an extra dry stroke after they do the hot water extraction. This will not only help for your carpets to dry quicker but will lend towards less wicking.
- Find out who exactly is coming to your home. With some of the large companies you are never sure who it might be. It could be someone they recently hired and may not have the experience needed to get your carpets cleaned at their best. Plus you want to trust who is coming into your home.
- Find out if there are any hidden charges that they may be telling you about. There is nothing worse than getting a quote over the phone only to find out it is more money when they arrive because of a certain treatment that is needed, for example.