What to look for when hiring a professional carpet cleanerby Tiki Honkanen on 02/09/16
When you are in the carpet cleaning business you see a lot of "what it is not"while out cleaning clients homes. Here are some things we have learned over the years.
- Make sure the company is licensed, bonded and insured. If they are going to do carpet repairs or re-stretching make sure they are licensed with the construction contractor's board.
- Do your research before you call the company and see what kind of reviews they have online. A good source is Angie's List, Yelp and Google.
- Be sure that they use a truck mounted machine. This will allow your carpets to be cleaned at their best with hot water and good suction. It's also known as steam cleaning.
- Find out if they pre-spray the entire carpets before cleaning. We have found that some companies do not and others only do the high traffic area. Pre-spraying the entire carpets allows for the soil to emulsify and break apart leaving better results upon cleaning.
- Make sure they do an extra dry stroke after they do the hot water extraction. This will not only help for your carpets to dry quicker but will lend towards less wicking.
- Find out who exactly is coming to your home. With some of the large companies you are never sure who it might be. It could be someone they recently hired and may not have the experience needed to get your carpets cleaned at their best. Plus you want to trust who is coming into your home.
- Find out if there are any hidden charges that they may be telling you about. There is nothing worse than getting a quote over the phone only to find out it is more money when they arrive because of a certain treatment that is needed, for example.
These are just some items that we have noticed over the years that our clients should be made aware of. We are not the cheapest carpet cleaners in the business but we do not compete with them. We make quality carpet cleaning affordable. We believe that a good business deal should be good for both parties. We should get a fair price for the work performed and you should get excellent service.